09 July, 2014

It's no good, I just can't resist photos of plants doing their thing . . . !

I have more or less given up blogging but it's the best way, I find, to keep a record of things that I might want to remind myself about at some time in the future.

I don't mind if I'm the only person who sees this post. I started blogging in the first place for my own satisfaction.

Now, I just love taking photos of our little garden.  It's far from perfect, very small and needs a lot more time spent on it than I have to spare.  Nevertheless, despite the neglect, you just can't keep a good plant down.  Mother nature is determined to do her best, sometimes, I think, even despite my poor efforts!

I regularly take photos of the garden. It's a good way to keep track of how various plants are doing; which do well; which need help and also it's interesting to compare the progress of the garden from season to season and year to year.

Today's shots were taken because I needed to test a new memory card which my OH said was giving him problems.  It certainly recorded these photos well enough.


I haven't bought any new roses for many years but have given way to temptation this year and bought three.  Here is a climber I bought which I hope to train to cover the trellis you can just see. Called 'Compassion'.  Looks promising . . . 


Having only a small garden, there is always space for smaller varieties of plants.  Here's one of our patio roses.  We've had this for a few years.  It may be small but it's beautifully formed!


 Another of our patio roses in a lovely delicate, pale pink. 


I have several clematis. Like many people, we lost several fence panels in the winter storms.  This Jackmanii clematis always does well but I think it's doing even better this year after having been cut right down to soil level when the fence came down.


A nice little splash of colour by the shed . . .


Finally, I never tire of this lavender and fuchsia combination.

Lots more on my Flickr page if you're real gluttons for punishment!

Happy gardening!

No comments:

Post a Comment