11 November, 2012

I just couldn't resist it . . .

Yes, I know, I know, but I just couldn't keep away!

It was such a beautiful day today and unusually, I actually had time to enjoy the wonderful weather for a change.

We had a couple of hours free after Mass and a bite to eat before we needed to think about getting ready for Rosary and Benediction so our older son and I decided to go for a short walk locally.

One of our regular short walks takes a path through the heath, past a smallish pond and round in a loop passing a local parish church in the neighbouring village.

Here's the pond . . . 



And here are a few of St Peter's (Anglican) Church . . .


A really beautiful small church. Lovely to see the rood screen and the altar rails still intact *sigh*.


The piscina and sedilla (hope I spelled that correctly!)


The Lady Chapel.

And of course, oodles of beautiful stained glass . . . 


And to finish, just one more of the ducks . . .



No comments:

Post a Comment